Early Childhood Teacher, Room Leader
A rare opportunity has arisen to join our encouraging and supportive team in an Exceeding rated Service.
We are an exceeding Centre that provides the Pre-School and OOSH service as part of The Anglican School in Googong. Our programs operate between the hours of 7:30am and 6:00pm weekdays (excluding NSW public holidays and a 2 week shut down over the Christmas/New Year period). We have the above ratio staffing in all our programs.
- We provide above award wages, with generous salary packaging options
- Opportunities for growth through mentoring, training and professional development
- Generous programming and planning times
- Beautiful facilities and a collaborative learning community
- Free onsite parking
The core mission of Anglicare (NSW South, West & ACT) is to break the cycle of intergenerational poverty for children, young people, and families. We have a particular focus on serving vulnerable communities in the ACT and regional, rural NSW.
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Early Childhood Teacher, with sound practical knowledge of project/inquiry learning which is guided by the Early Years Learning Framework. We are seeking a teacher who will be professional, a dedicated team player with excellent communication skills, highly motivated, able to build respectful relationships with children and their families and focused on providing authentic experiences for young children each day. The teacher joining our team will be someone who is dynamic and able to work innovatively, who will be responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of an inquiry/project-based educational program suitable to the needs of the children in the Pre-School room. A strong commitment to Reconciliation is required as our RAP is embedded in our everyday practices.
- Bachelor of Teaching/Education Degree in Early Childhood
- NSW Working with Children Check and undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to an offer of employment
- First Aid Certificate
- Prior to appointment, applicants will be required to undertake the psychometric profiling instrument - SafeSelect TM
For all enquiries, please contact Alyce Hawkins (Centre Director) or Janelle Ballard (Assistant Director) on (02) 6154 9420 (during business hours).